- To provide unequalled support to our families while studying via Distance Education.
- To provide our students with a comprehensive and complete range of educational experiences with a varied and global focus.
- To continuously improve our learning materials, methods of delivery and reporting mechanisms.
- To ensure that all students studying via Distance Education can study and learn at their own pace, while meeting new challenges and experiences.
- To maintain our standing as the best academic Primary Distance Education School in Australia.
Sydney Distance Education Primary School services Government and Non-Government students from the Sydney Metropolitan, Central Coast, Hunter and Wollongong growth areas who are isolated due to distance or circumstance. The majority of our students are temporarily overseas or travelling within Australia for family holidays or work commitments. Some families temporarily relocate overseas for employment opportunities, missionary or humanitarian relief or simply for lifestyle choices and experiences. A small number of medical and high support-needs students are also catered for with innovative and challenging learning programs. All students are provided with rigorous, personalised learning programs addressing outcomes in all key learning areas of the New South Wales Primary Curriculum and in line with the New South Wales Board of Studies requirements. The school has been acknowledged for its outstanding leadership in the development of engaging and reflective quality learning materials producing outstanding academic results above national trends. Much effort in recent years has been devoted to the development of an e-learning strategy to meet the needs of the school’s diverse student population that stretches around the globe. The significant increase in enrolment numbers over the last three years is testament to the high standard of education provided by this unique school. The school is well-placed to meet the future needs of students in an increasingly complex yet flexible digital age.