Instructions for Setting Canvas Parent App
Canvas Parent is designed to provide visibility into your student’s progress in a course at a glance. Canvas Parent allows parents to:
- View assignment descriptions and due dates
- Set reminders for assignments
- View assignment grades
- View course announcements
It is essential that the student and/or supervisor reviews all teacher feedback.
- Open browser and navigate to sdeps.net/canvas
- Please log in to Canvas using your Student’s log in details.
- Click on ‘Account’ tab on the left and navigate to ‘Student’s Profile Settings’, ‘Account’ > ‘Settings’.
- Find and click ‘Pair with Observer’ link from Canvas Settings Page. This will give you a code in a pop up screen.
- Take note of this code and continue to Register for Canvas Parent.
Scan the QR Code to watch video on How to Set up Canvas Parent.
- Open browser and navigate to mysdeps.instructure.com/login/canvas.
- Click on link 'Parent of a Canvas User? Click here for account' link to register for Canvas.
- Fill out the form with the supervisor’s name and email address.
- Paste ‘Observer Code’ from Student’s profile, copied from Steps to set-up Canvas Parent App (step 4) to ‘Student Pairing Code’ field.
- Click ‘Start Participating’.
Canvas Parent set-up is complete. You can now view your student’s progress in a Canvas course.
NOTE: Set-up ‘Notifications’ as per your preference (Refer to Canvas Guide for details).